Dad and I did some cutting, sanding and fitting on the nose wheel pant last night. It looks pretty good. It’s clear that the instructions were lifted from an older plane design because they have several steps that are largely unnecessary (again thanks to the high quality of the RV-14A kit).
We also did the alumi-prep and alodine processes on several more pieces that we will be using soon.
The paint booth is delayed by a few more days. The fans I ordered on Amazon were supposed to arrive yesterday, but now look like they will get here on Sunday. Not a big deal since we have other small tasks we can work on.
Lycoming says they are starting assembly of the engine. My best guess is that it will be ready to ship by early to mid May.
2 hours (2 people x 1 hour)